Sunday, October 14, 2007

nanta, eh.

I got free tickets to see Nanta, the cooking show.

Eh. I'm glad I didn't pay for it. It was entertaining, but had that cheezy slap-stick Korean gag show element that made it just a bit irritating instead of funny. If I were 6 years old, it would be hilarious.

The performers are truly talented. They sing, they dance, they act, they do percussion work with sharp knives! But overall it's like STOMP! gone wrong. There was a bit too much audience participation and it made me really hungry.

The most entertaining and exciting moment was when one dude got his ass stuck in a trashcan (see below). I've now saved you the time and money of having to go.

1 comment:

Whitey said...

I totally agree with your review. After I saw the show I thought to myself, "I really only laughed once, when that guy sat down in the trash can."

This show was way to eager to please the audience. No trick was too shameless.